Freshers GRWM 2015!


As some of you may know, I am 16 and have just gone into the lower sixth form of my school, which means two Fridays ago, was out freshers party, to welcome us to the sixth form! Even though the actual party was pretty awful, I got ready with 8 of my closest friends and had such a laugh! I also really loved my outfit and makeup look, and thought it would be fun to share with you all, as I feel as if it could be a prefect makeup look for a party or CHRISTMAS!!!!

The makeup..!
I started off with the brows, and I wanted quite a prominent brow so as per, I used my naked 2 basics palette with the two darkest colours to fill in and define my brows, then used the maybelline clear brow gel to hold them in place. Then taking my MAC 'soft ochre' paint pot and a flat brush, I highlighted and outlined the bottom of my brow to really define them and make them look nice and clean. 

Then I went onto my eyes and as always primed them with MAC soft ochre (literally my life) and moved on to the shadow. I set the lids with the 'banana' powder from my ABH contour kit, and then moved onto my tartelette palette. This is 100% no doubt my favourite palette and I use it almost everyday. I decided to for a brown and gold eye with no liquid eyeliner. 

I started off with 'force of nature' in the crease and took it up quite high to my brow bone, and then used 'dreamer' to darken up the outer V. I took the darkest brown 'multi-tasker' and really focused this on the outer crease to smoke it out. As you can see from the photos, I used a piece of tape to help with the shape of the shadow, to make sure I had a nice slick line and also to reduce the fall-out. I then took the black, 'fashionista' with a wing liner brush and imitated liquid liner, but then smoked it out to add some definition. For the gold aspect of this eye, I used two colours, 'lumiere 500' from L'oreal and 'casual elegance' from my Zoeva palette. I used the L'oreal one as a base in the centre of my lid to add some initial sparkle, and then on a flat brush sprayed with some primer water by smashbox, I took 'casual elegance' again and packed it right in the centre of the lid and blended out the edges slightly. This is a really simple yet effective eye shadow look, and can look really professional if you spend some time on it!


For the rest of my face, I basically just did what I always do, but I'll quickly take you over what that is! 

I primed with the smashbox water primer and applied my L'oreal infallible pro matte foundation all over my face with my damp miracle complexion sponge. Then with the Maybelline eraser eye concealer and a small buffing brush by Zoeva, I covered up any blemishes and redness on my face. To highlight, I (obviously) took my a Urban Decay naked skin concealer in 'fair neutral' and applied it under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, top of my forehead, chin, cuspids bow, and with the left over product on the applicator, applied it underneath my cheekbones to make my contour look more prominent and give my face a chiselled look. I then set the highlight with 'banana' and the rest of my face with my MAC studio finish powder. 

For my contour, I used the colours 'Havana' and 'Fawn' from the ABH palette, and I used 'Havana' to bronze and warm up the skin, then 'Fawn' to really define the cheekbones and Jaw line. Full review on the contour kit here!

For blush I used my new L'oreal Le Blush in 'Peach' over the apples of my cheeks and blended it out to un-clownify myself. For highlight I used a mixture of 'Sand' from the ABH palette, and then to make it look even better, I added some of my MAC 'soft and gentle' over the top. 

To finish the eyeshadow, I took the colours 'fashionista' and 'dreamer' on the outer half of my bottom lash line and blended it out, then took the gold colours and put them in the inner corner and blended it along the bottom to open up the eyes! Curling my eyelashes was next, and then a thin layer of my L'oreal mascara was applied before my Ardell Demi false lashes went on. Finishing off with another thick layer of mascara, the eyes were done! 

Last but not least was the lips. I lined my lips with Kiko's '706' smart lip liner and then applied MAC 'Ruby Woo' to complete the look!

Overall, it's quite a straight forward makeup look to achieve, and the result is really lovely! It's nice and warm and the red lip really adds to the wintery/autumnal feel of it! 

Hair..!
For my hair, I used the babyliss curl secret pro all over to give my hair nice big curls, and then I just put it in a simple side parting and used a TONNE of texturising and hairspray to give my hair some added volume. 

Outfit..!
My playsuit was from Urban Outfitters, and oh my goodness I am in love with it! I think it's just perfect for so many occasions, and it's reasonable dressy, but can also be casualised (pretty sure that's not a word) with the right accessories! My shoes were actually my prom shoes, but I figured that there was no point in wasting a perfectly good pair, and they looked right with the outfit, so it all made perfect sense. These were from Topshop, and are surprisingly comfortable to wear. 



Accessories..!
I didn't really wear many accessories, mainly because I ran out of time getting ready, and then also, I thought I looked dressy enough already and didn't want to be too OTT. All I had on was my Olivia Burton watch, pandora ring and a lovely metal beaded bracelet. 



PRODUCTS USED
Tarte Tartelette palette - not available in the UK 

Unfortunately I can't find the playsuit on the website, although they have many similar designs on www.urbanoutfitters.com

SIDENOTES
I am sorry if the quality of the pictures looks slightly different on some of them, but I had to swap cameras half way through due to my one not being charged! Also excuse the closeness of the pictures, because it was only afterwards that I realised they may be slightly too up close and personal!!! Lastly, this is not the exact hair I wore for freshers, as I didn't have the time to curl it properly, but it wasn't too dissimilar to what is shown here!

I hope you enjoyed this sort of get ready with me/recreation post because it was so fun dressing all up again! 

See you next time..


TWITTER - @beckyepalmer
INSTAGRAM - @beckyepalmer








Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment