My holiday to Sardinia 2015


If you are anything like me, you will absolutely LOVE having a nosey little peak into other peoples lives, and I though that telling you all about my recent trip away with my family might be quite fun, as it is very different to anything I've ever done before. And you never know, you may love posts like this, and I will have to do more!

So, on the 12th August, my mum, dad, sister (Lilly) and I headed off to gatwick airport with my Grandpa (our chauffeur for the afternoon) to catch our flight a couple of hours later at about 5 o'clock. Getting through customs and security and everything else you have to do to FINALLY get through to departures, was pretty easy and fuss free, and before I knew it, I was in duty free at the Mac counter. As you don't have to pay text at duty free (YAAASSSSS) I decided to splash out on a Mac lipstick in the shade 'Ruby Woo' a  g o r g e o u s bright red matte lip. I LOVE it. Anyway, we carried on, had a quick costa, realised we were late for the flight and ran down to our gate, where we found out we weren't late. Great. I ran for no reason. And then boarded the flight half an hour later. The flight wasn't too long, and in no time at all, we had landed in Olbia airport, and were collecting out luggage  from the baggage claim. We then had to find our rental car, and then we were off on the one hour long journey to the apartment. Two years before this, so 2013, we visited the exact same place, so everything was reasonably familiar, and getting into the aprtment was easy because we already knew all we needed to know about it.

We stayed in a lovely little village called Santa Maria Coghinas, which is a small town, and about a fifteen minute drive from Badesi beach. On the first day, we basically did everything we were planning to do in the whole two weeks. We went to the pool. Check. We went to the beach. Check. And we went out for dinner. Check. As you can maybe tell, my family aren't exactly adventurous, and we all much prefer a relaxing holiday, with the majority of the time spent by the pool or at the beach. I mean, yes, there are some lovely places in Sardinia that we maybe should have gone and explored, but you know, the pool and the beach was just too hard to leave.

The pool we used is shared by some other apartments, although most of the time, everyone seemed to go to the beach, so my family had the pool to ourselves nearly every morning for the fifteen days we were there. The place we stayed, is set the the most gorgeous area, surrounded my mountains, with very little else around. The views are incredible, probably some of the best I have ever seen.

We found this beach the last time we went, and decided that we didn't want to venture out to other beaches, but just stick to the one we already knew and loved. Badesi beach is the most lovely beach I think I've ever been too. For starters it is HUGE and there are lots of little snack bars all along the way, so perfect for lunch, ice creams and snacks. The sand is golden and super soft, not the horrid stoney sand you get in some places in England. Also the water is the perfect temperature, and crystal clear. We went to Badesi nearly ever day we were away, and I still love it just as much. Every time we ended up going to the beach, there was one thing that always changed, and that was the calmness of the sea. The first day we went, it was completely and utterly still, no waves, nothing. But then on the second and third day we went, the sea was SO rough, with the biggest waves. Personally I love both types of 'sea' as, yes, its nice to relax in the sea and not get bashed around. But on the other hand, the waves are amazingly fun as they are just so massive! Another thing me and Lilly love doing, is collecting the shells from the sand and also in the sea. Together we found absolutely tonnes of shells, which we continued to make into gorgeous handmade bracelets.

If you have never been to Sardinia or Italy, you are missing out. On the Pizza's. Obviously Italy are known for their pizza's, but seriously? They are incredible. We went out to different restaurants five times whilst away, and each time I had a Margherita pizza, boring I know, but they taste so INCREDIBLE! I really don't know what it is about them but uhhhhhhh they are so nice, you just have to try one to believe me.

So overall I had an insanely amazing, relaxed and fun holiday with my family, and not going to lie, I picked up a pretty good tan along the way! I'm sorry that the photos may not be the best quality because they were all taken on my phone, but I'm sure you get the idea!

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed, if you have, just let me know in the comments, and also any other post suggestions! 















Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment