Summer 'Going Out' makeup tutorial!



Helllllllo! Today I am back with a tutorial - oooooooo- because i've never really done a proper one and thought "Why not!?". This is more of a summer going out look rather than a day to day look because of the bright lip and heavier eyes, but thats just my personal opinion. So of course you can wear this makeup look whenever or wherever you want. Before I babble on for hours, lets get on with it!


So! I started off my spraying my new Smashbox primer water all over my face to ensure that my makeup stays put all day and doesn't budge one bit.
I then applied my Mac 'Soft Ochre' long lasting paint pot all over my eyelids with my fingertips to make sure my eye shadow also stays on all day (I get very oily eye lids, so this step is very important). I just patted it into my skin so the eyeshadow has a nice, even base.
I then took my zoeva 142 brush and applied my base shadow which was 'cover' from the Urban decay Naked 2 basics. I just used this eyeshadow to cover my whole lid and brought it up very close to my brow bone, ready to blend down later.
Next, with my real techniques base shadow brush, I took the colour 'Chopper' from an Urban Decay palette and took it lightly through my crease using windscreen wiper motions to work it into the outer corner of my eye. This just added some depth and dimention.
Then with the colour 'Polyester bride' from the same palette, I used the zoeva 231 brush to lightly pat the shadow into the inner corner and the centre of the eyelid to brighten and open out my eyes. I just blended all the colours together to get rid of any harsh lines.
EYESHADOW --- DONE.


I then started on my brows. Firstly, I lightly went over my brows with Brow drama by Maybelline so the powder I was going to use stuck to my eyebrow hairs.
After that, I used the zoeva 317 brush and the colour 'undone' from the Naked 2 basics to shape and fill in the sparse parts of my brows, using hair-like brush strokes to make my brows look as natural as possible.
I then went over my brows again with he transparent brow gel to make them stay all day and also to distribute the pigment from the powder evenly.
After brows I went on to use my Mac studio fix fluid in the shade NC20 and I buffed this into my skin using circular motions to make sure the foundation stayed on all day. I did this with the zoeva 102 brush.
I then moved on to concealer, where I used the Urban Decay Naked skin concealer in the shade 'fair neutral' to conceal and also highlight my face. As you can see from the picture, I mainly put the concealer on the high points of my face like my forehead and cheekbones.
I then went to blend this in with a damp beauty blender to make sure there were no harsh lines between my foundation and concealer.


Onto powder! I used my Mac studio fix powder in the same shade of my foundation and brushed this lightly all over my face, mainly focusing on the outer part of my face, as I didn't want t make the parts where I put concealer any darker and I did this with the zoeva 106 brush.
Then I did my contour with the hoola bronzer and zoeva 127 brush. I used the technique of sucking my cheeks in to get underneath the cheekbone to really shape and structure my face. I also applied bronzer using the real techniques powder brush all around the outer part of my face including my jaw bone.
I took my Mac blush in the colour 'dame' and with a small cheek brush, lightly put it on the apples of my cheeks and then slightly bringing it back to add some more colour to my face.
Lastly, I took a L'oreal lipliner in the colour 'bois-de-rose' and ever so slightly over-lined my lips just to make them look a bit bigger, and then with my bourjois rouge edition velvet matte finish lip gloss/stick (I don't know what you call it) in the colour 07, I just filled in the rest of my lips! And TA DA! A summery makeup look, simple!


If you enjoyed reading this post, I'd love to hear different suggestions for other posts!
Thank you for reading!

with love,
Becky Xx


















Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment